Wholesail automatically syncs with QuickBooks Desktop every day. Follow the best practices below to maintain a healthy connection between QuickBooks Desktop and Wholesail.
- Do ensure that the computer running QuickBooks is connected to the internet and the Wholesail Sync Manager is open and has Status: Connected. (Connected should be blue, not orange)
- Do leave your computer turned on at the end of the day. Wholesail syncs with QuickBooks Desktop while you sleep, so you'll want to keep the computer running QuickBooks powered on overnight. Furthermore, a computer that is on but asleep will prevent Wholesail and QuickBooks from syncing.
- Wholesail can sync while QuickBooks Desktop is either open or closed:
- If QuickBooks is open, ensure that you are logged in to the correct company file and there are no open dialog boxes.
- If QuickBooks is closed, Wholesail can only sync if the QuickBooks Admin user is not being used from another computer.
- Get in touch with email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Don't void, edit or delete payments, invoices, or line items created by Wholesail.
- Don't delete invoices, payments or credit memos. Wholesail does not automatically delete these records. If you do delete them, notify Wholesail by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don't quit the Wholesail Sync Manager program – it's responsible for syncing changes between QuickBooks Desktop and Wholesail.
- Don't move your QuickBooks company file (if the company file is moved, QuickBooks will disconnect from Wholesail). If you need to make any changes please get in touch with email@example.com
Checking the status of the Wholesail Sync Manager
When Wholesail is connected the Status will be Connected. If you see anything else, or if Connected is orange, check your internet connection and select the "Save" button. If this does not fix the issue, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help investigate the issue.
How to Sync Wholesail manually
You can always manually trigger a sync yourself from the "Software" tab of the "Settings" page:
If Wholesail is already trying to sync, then instead of the "Start sync" button, you'll see a spinner:
In this case, Wholesail should start to sync when the items listed above are setup properly. If you continue to have issues, please contact email@example.com and we'd be happy to help.