Wholesail is available in the Right Networks Application Cloud, which makes it easy to set up the Wholesail Sync Manager.
You may need to upgrade your Right Networks plan to purchase AppCloud. See below for an overview of how to do this.
After you have Right Networks’ AppCloud service, you can call (888-417-4448 ext. 3) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request the “Wholesail” application be installed for all users in your environment. Also request that that the Wholesail application be started automatically upon a Windows restart.
Setup Right Networks AppCloud service
- Start by logging into My Account if you haven’t already.
- Click on the Users tab.
- Click on the name of the user whose package you need to change. This will take you to their User Detail Page.
- On the User Detail Page, click on the Change Package button near the top left.
- You will see Business Cloud is currently selected. Click on Application Cloud to change the package.
- Then, click on the Save Changes button near the bottom.
- You will be asked what you would like to do with the former package. It is recommended you select the Drop Package radio button, then click the Drop Package button to confirm your selection. This will remove the package from future billing cycles.
How Wholesail sync works on Right Networks
For self-hosted Quickbooks Desktop customers, Wholesail syncs automatically every night to stay-up-to-date automatically as you create invoices and payments while staying out of the way to avoid disrupting your experience using Quickbooks Desktop.
Unfortunately with Right Networks this can be less reliable since the computer hosting your Quickbooks Desktop file shuts down when not in use. As part of your onboarding experience with Wholesail we will develop a sync strategy to ensure that Wholesail stays in sync with Quickbooks Desktop and your customers always receive a statement with up-to-date information.
This will typically include 3 key tactics:
- Defining a safe time for Wholesail to collect data at the end of the day. This would typically be right as you finish working and would require you to leave the Right Networks session open (it will automatically close after 2 hours).
- Manually trigger a sync at least once per day to make sure Wholesail stays up to date.
- If Wholesail is unable to sync for 18 hours, statements will not be sent and automated payments will not be triggered. This is a precaution to minimize the impact to your customers of the sync being out of date.
If Wholesail is unable to collect data for 24 hours or unable to export a payment for 18 hours, you will receive an email notification. In this case you can manually trigger a sync.