You can use autopay to save time and avoid payment hassles, all while making sure that you pay a vendor on time.
Before you set up autopay, you’ll need to connect a bank account or credit card. (Note: not all vendors accept credit cards through Wholesail and if you connect a credit card, your vendor may charge a convenience fee.) You can read more about connecting a bank account here and more about connecting a credit card here.
If someone else at your company has already connected a bank account or credit card, they will either need to grant you permission to use that account / card or they will need to set up autopay.
Once you have a payment account connected, click on “Vendors” and click on “Setup autopay” in the top right corner. (If you’re on your phone, tap the icon that has arrows pointing to each other).
Next, click the big button that says “Setup autopay”.
Now, you should see all of the settings you can use to set up autopay:
We have guides that show you exactly how you can use autopay to:
You can also set up autopay for your own needs. Here’s what everything means.
This lets you choose how often Autopay will check if there are open invoices to pay. If there are any open invoices to pay, autopay will issue a payment.
- Daily: Checks every day
- Weekly: Checks once a week on the day of the week that you specify
- Every 2 weeks: Checks once every 2 weeks on the day of the week that you specify
- Twice a month: Checks twice a month on the numbered days that you specify.
- Monthly: Checks once a month on the numbered day that you specify
If you select a day that doesn’t exist in that month (for example, if you select “30” and it is February), autopay will trigger on the last day of the month.
- Invoice is due: Only pays invoices on their due date. Autopay will not pay past due invoices.
Pay up to
This lets you choose a cap on how much you could be charged for each autopay payment. If you want to pay all open invoices, just write in a large amount that is well beyond what you typically order.
You can also choose if you want to allow an invoice to be partially paid:
- Allow an invoice to be partially paid: If you have this selected, we’ll partially pay the last invoice so that you do not exceed the cap.
- Only pay whole invoices: If you have this selected, we’ll pay invoices up to but not including the last invoice that causes you to exceed the cap.
Start and end dates
This lets you choose when autopay will be activated and deactivated for your company.
After you have selected everything needed for autopay, click “Finish.” We will ask you to agree to terms and conditions. Once you have done that and clicked to proceed, your autopay plan will be saved and you will receive a confirmation email.
You can always view what you’ve set up for autopay by clicking on “Setup autopay” in the invoice list view. You’ll see something like this: