If you have written, signed agreement with a customer to charge a credit card, you may use Wholesail to set up autopay to charge that card daily, weekly, every other week, or monthly.
Here’s the simple set of steps you’ll need to follow:
- Go to a customer’s page in Wholesail
- Select “Autopay”
- Click to affirm that you have written authorization to charge a credit card and enter the customer’s credit card number
- Then, set up autopay to pay some amount (or all invoices) at a specific cadence (weekly, every other week, etc.)
- Autopay will start charging the customer’s card on the date that you select in setup
A step-by-step instruction guide is included below.
Detailed, step-by-step instructions:
- Go to Wholesail (https://app.paywholesail.com). If you haven’t logged in, log in with your email address and password.
- Search for and select the customer that you want to set up autopay for
- Click “Autopay” in the upper right corner
- Look at the area that says “Setup autopay through credit card” and click on the button that says “I have written authorization”
- Read through the terms and conditions carefully, agree to them, and then click on the green button at the bottom.
- Then, fill out all fields about the credit card
- At this point, you and your customer will receive a confirmation email that you have added a card. This is a precautionary measure to make sure that the customer is informed
- Next, click “Setup autopay”
- Select these options for autopay:
The credit card that you just added is pre-selected for you.
Choose the cadence that you would like to charge
Choose any day of the week (or day of the month). Unless your customer has a specific day that they’d like to be charged, we suggest using the day that you send out statements.
Pay up to
Write in the amount that your customer has agreed to charge on their credit card. If they have agreed to charge all open invoices, just enter a large amount.
The current day is pre-selected for you. (Only change this if you want to hold off on starting autopay.)
A date five years from today is pre-selected for you.
- Read the agreements and certifications carefully, agree to them, and click “Finish.”
- You and your customer should receive a confirmation email that shows the details of the plan that you have just set up.