If you would like your customer to be on autopay, you can use Wholesail to propose a plan for them. Then, your customer will be prompted to connect a payment method and enroll in the plan.
Here’s the simple set of steps you’ll need to follow:
- Go to a customer’s page in Wholesail
- Select “Autopay”
- Click on “Propose autopay”
- Set up an autopay proposal to pay some amount (or all invoices) at a specific cadence (weekly, every other week, etc.)
- Send that proposal with an optional note to one or more email addresses associated with your customer
A step-by-step instruction guide is included below.
Detailed, step-by-step instructions:
- Go to Wholesail (https://app.paywholesail.com). If you haven’t logged in, log in with your email address and password.
- Search for and select the customer that you want to set up autopay for
- Click “Autopay” in the upper right corner
- Click the button that says “Propose autopay”
- Select these options for autopay:
Choose the cadence that works best for you and your customer
Choose any day of the week (or day of the month). Unless your customer has a specific day that they’d like to be charged, we suggest using the day that you send out statements.
Pay up to
If you want your customer to be on a payment plan, then type in the amount that you want them to pay every time. If you just want them to pay all invoices every time, then type in a large amount.
Also, you can choose whether you want autopay to only pay whole invoices or to allow partial payment of invoices.
The current day is pre-selected for you. (Only change this if you want to hold off on starting autopay.)
A date five years from today is pre-selected for you.
- Click "Finish." At this point, the proposal will be saved, but not sent to your customers yet.
Next, to send it to your customers, click “Send proposal”
Select who you want to send the proposal to, write in a message, and then click send
Your customer will connect a payment account (bank account or credit card) and then use it to agree to and set up the proposed autopay plan.
Then, you and your customer will receive an email with the autopay plan details.